Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
We will not promise you young, agile team with banana Thursday and casual Friday. In NOKIA we develop technology that helps world act together. Wireless communication is the core of it, and you can jump right in the middle.
Are you curious how one operates and configures the network of 100 000 Base Stations or how radio beam is formed to “hit” crowded area? You can not only learn that; you can define how it is done.
As a department we are responsible for specifying, designing, implementing, testing and maintaining radio products’ software for various radio access technologies, including GSM, WCDMA, LTE and 5G. We are divided into self-organizing teams, working in Agile environment. Our products are developed mainly in C++ and C on several software architecture layers, including those close to hardware, as well as on higher levels of abstraction. We are also responsible for our products’ integration throughout the whole product life cycle, which is performed in the automated Continuous Integration environment.
A common and clearly defined vision, open communication and a deep passion for innovation are the features that best describe our work environment and its unique atmosphere. We believe these are the values that shape the future of technology.
What you will learn and contribute to
- analysis of BTS and Radio Unit system level requirements
- design of cutting-edge, industrial grade software for embedded platforms like Radio Unit or Base Station
- specification and design of assigned subsystem and end to end network features
- coaching and leading teams in solving complex engineering and algorithmic problems from various areas of technology
- cooperation with software & integration engineers to bridge teams and show the purpose and end to end value of the feature, implementation, and testing
- conducting technical trainings and sharing your know-how
- participation in refinement, planning, reporting and reviewing of documents and architecture within the frame of specific project
- decision making in strategically important aspects of software development
- decision making in business-critical aspects, balancing technical and business benefits
- cooperation with management in program/project and resource planning activities
- cooperation with internal and external stakeholders involved in a project
Your skills and experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or Software Technology or equivalent education
- strong coding skills (preferably C and/or C++, Python/Bash is an advantage)
- proven experience in Requirements and Architecture specification area
- proven experience in modelling of systems
- expertise in algorithm optimization, code profiling and in analysis of memory usage violations
- knowledge of software development models and good software development practices
- analytical skills
- good communication in English (both written and spoken)
- OBSAI, CPRI and eCPRI fronthaul interfaces knowledge is an advantage
- 3GPP and O-RAN knowledge is an advantage
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Sodexo Lunch Pass: monthly meal subsidy of PLN 240 net
- Luxmed private health care insurance for employees and family members
- group life insurance
- Nokia Social Fund offers a wide range of benefits – sport card; tickets to movies, loans, kindergarten
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed
Zobacz podobne oferty
Researching new technologies to optimize the current solutions and to make them sustainable for the future, applying in-house standards and market best practices. Assistance in finding the best tech...
TIGER - Simplifying discovery portfolio management with a single source of truth model What is Project Tiger: Single unified system across all pRED functions from LIGo to Ph0Go Functionality for easy...
WAYFIND-R is a global registry prospectively capturing linked next-generation sequencing (NGS), treatment and outcome data from cancer patients diagnosed with a solid tumour, to address the evidence...
Location: Wrocław Come create the technology that helps the world act together Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here...