Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open-access scholarly publisher. We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than one billion views and downloads and two million citations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Frontend Developer to help us design and build the visual components and prototypes for our applications, and that feels comfortable with more technical tasks like integrating the UI with analytics, search, and authentication services – among others.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background (ideally full-stack), experience using Vue and WebComponents, and the ability to work closely with other teams like Design, Product Owners, and SW Engineers.
And what about us? Well, I invite you to check Frontiers as a company, our mission, and how we envision the society and the world. Its so rewarding working in a company you can be proud of! By joining us you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing, and the way it affects the people, the planet, and the evolution of our society. If this resonates with you please check the job description below, maybe you are the person that can help us!
What you do
- Develop small, well-crafted components that plug into our user interfaces.
- Develop full UI prototypes that our SW Development teams will use to implement the front end of their applications.
- Take care of more technical developments at the UI level, like the integration with analytics, search, and authentication services.
- Contribute to overall software quality by writing elegant and testable UI Vue components.
- Optimize HTML & CSS code for the best looking & performant experience.
- Participate in the documentation of the UI / UX components and prototypes.
- Participate in the QA process along with the other team members.
- Participate in your teams Scrum process.
- Pair program and discuss solutions with your peers to share knowledge.
- Minimum of 2 years in a Frontend Developer role.
- Strong technical background, ideally as a full-stack or similar
- Experience with front-end technologies, especially Vue.js but also Knockout, Angular and WebComponents.
- Knowledgeable in Git repositories.
- Good English skills are a must, at least a solid B1+ level.
- Additional knowledge (not mandatory, but nice to have)
- Headless CMS (Contentful + Nuxt)
- Design and/or UX experience
- QA experience
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities across Portugal
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership
- 3 volunteer days through our online platform
- Access to Headspace app
- Online Yoga classes
Please submit your application in English (cover letter and resume).
Applicants must be a German or EU citizen, or have a valid Germany work permit.